Seed Grant Program
The Department of Surgery's Seed Grant Program supports work that addresses a clear and important gap in knowledge. Proposed studies must offer a unique or previously unpublished contribution to the field and will be assessed based on potential for seed grant to lead to follow on funding.
• All Department of Surgery faculty are eligible—including affiliated faculty (i.e.,VAMC, etc)—EXCEPT members of the Research Oversight Committee.
• Trainees are NOT eligible
• All types of research are eligible: basic, HSR, clinical trials, technology development, education, global surgery
• Can fund personnel, equipment, reagents, consultants, etc. (justification must be included in proposal)
• Total first round funding $250,000, 3-6 proposals selected
• Accepting proposals with budgets ranging from $10,000 - $50,000
• Funding duration: 12 months
Please address any additional questions to Dr. Arden Morris.